As a result of their training, Air New Zealand was poised, ready to bounce back after the economic crisis subsided.
Results from 2009 to 2016 show improvements in the following (in NZD):
- Normalized Earnings (before tax) = $145 Million (2009) to $663 Million (2016)
- Net Profit (After tax) = $21 Million (2009) to $463 Million (2016)
- Operating Revenue = $4.6 Billion (2009) to $5.23 Billion (2016)
Delivering measurable benefits: partnering with The Pacific Institute was the right choice
Awards prove that the organisation has made significant gains in its culture and performance.
Airline of the Year 2010: Voted by Penton Media’s Air Transport World®, USA’s leading airline magazine, the carrier was honoured for its superb commitment to safety and operational excellence, superb and ground-breaking customer service that combined high-tech, passenger-friendly IT systems with high-touch and caring staff. The judges were impressed with the airline’s leadership role in addressing environmental challenges facing the industry, including conducting the world’s first sustainable biofuel flight.
Best Airline 2010: Awarded by UK’s top consumer magazine ‘Which?’, this award was independently voted by readers. The award theme, ‘Who Cares Wins’ was all about which companies provided the best customer service. According to the magazine’s Chief Executive, Peter Vicary-Smith, “To win this award, not only must a company offer outstanding products or services, it must also deliver exceptional value and a great customer experience; Air New Zealand is a deserving winner”.
Winner of 12 Skytrax World Airline Awards since 2010, including:
- World’s best premium economy class 3 times
- Best Airline Australia/Pacific twice
74 recognised awards since 2010, voted Best Airline in the World three times, including six ‘Airline of the Year’ awards.
Airline Industry Leader in Innovation, for example:
- First to launch Dreamliner
- Revolutionised safety videos
- Men in Black https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji65WI5QLZI
- Hobbit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOw44VFNk8Y&spfreload=5
- Lord of the Rings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBlRbrB_Gnc
- Safety in Hollywood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6El8XiODwE
- Created “Airband” for children travelling alone
- Created “Skycouch”
Air New Zealand anticipates that as a direct result of their partnership with The Pacific Institute®, there has been a positive impact on individuals. Their direct investment in their people means that the organisation will be able to help move its workforce forward and have a far better alignment with its desired culture and consequently drive performance.
“I am so pleased at how well staff are taking to “Realise Your Potential” and the incredible stories that are flooding us about the impact it is having on people’s lives. We also have an AMAZING team of facilitators who are so passionate about the programme and this infects everyone they come across.”
Melissa Crawford – Organisational Development, Air New Zealand